– Event Information-
Join us for breakfast on April 10, when Blake Hutcheson, President and Chief Pension Officer, OMERS and Chair, Oxford Properties Group, shares the story of their growth into a global real estate powerhouse and what the future holds for Oxford Properties.
Real Estate is perhaps the one thing Canadians talk about more than hockey, and Oxford Properties is at the forefront of the industry. Their portfolio of properties represents more than 50 million square feet of office, retail, hotel, industrial, land and multi-residential assets in key markets across the globe.
Time: 11:45 AM – 1:30 PM, Tue, Apr 10, 2018
Address: Fairmont Royal York, 100 Front Street West
Blake Hutcheson has recently been named the President and Chief Pension Officer of OMERS responsible for the Strategy, Government Relations, Communications, Pension Services, Technology and Operations of the $100 Billion Pension Plan.
Prior to that Blake was:
- the Chief Investment Officer of Real Estate and Platform Investments at OMERS overseeing approximately 15% of the OMERS Investment Portfolio covering the Pension Funds real estate holdings as well as its direct energy investments, ventures portfolio and other new platform investments.
- President & CEO of Oxford Properties Group since 2010 where he was responsible for overseeing the global business, consisting of approximately $50 billion of assets under management and 2,200 employees in Canada, Europe and the USA.
- Head of Global Real Estate Investing for a multi-strategy private equity firm, with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Mumbai. Prior to that, he was the Chairman & President of CB Richard Ellis Canada (1999 – 2008) & Latin America (2001 – 2008) overseeing all operations in multiple countries with over 2,500 employees.
- Mr. Hutcheson has also served on several Boards and Committees
- He is also the recipient of the ICONS of the Industry Award through BOMA, Ottawa and the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Columbia University Masters Real Estate Development Program.
- He has been named as one of the 100 Most Powerful Real Estate Executives in New York City for 2013 to 2017. Mr. Hutcheson is a long time member of YPO and WPO and was selected as one of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40.
- He is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario, the London School of Economics, England (with distinction), and has an MSc in Real Estate Development from Columbia University, New York.
New Horizon Career Club (NHC) is in partnership with Canadian Club Toronto (CCT) to promote this event.
If you would like to attend this event, please:
To receive a NHC member special promo code, please scan the QR code. Apply the code when purchasing ticket online gives our members a special discount on the full price.
If you would like to sponsor a table, please contact Linna Li for more details.
Phone: 647-986-8412, WeChat: linna_595236647
If you are interested in volunteering at future Canadian Club Toronto events, stay tuned and join NHC Volunteer WeChat groups to receive the latest volunteering opportunities.